Microsoft 365 Specialist
Responsible for the planning, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Microsoft 365 tenants with a specific focus on SharePoint Online. Design, analyze, and provide technical support for network and infrastructure systems that either directly or indirectly support the Agency’s Microsoft 365 tenants. Conduct research and evaluation of technology and recommend purchases for equipment, software and vendors needed to support Microsoft 365 based systems and infrastructure.
- Consult with end users and other IT staff to evaluate requirements, recommend designs, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for implementation and management of Microsoft 365 services with a specific expertise in SharePoint configuration and migrations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for migration of on-premises services such as file servers to SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
- Provide expertise in the setup, configuration, and on-going management of Microsoft Teams.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established Microsoft 365 or Azure related solutions.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for end users including software and hardware.
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, server, and workstation hardware and software dedicated to accessing or administering the Agency’s Microsoft 365 tenants.
- Provide documentation, training, and guidance for Microsoft 365-based solutions to other IT staff and end users.
- Serve as technical specialist during network problems and emergencies related to Microsoft 365 tenants, services, and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems related to the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Conduct technical research on upgrades and new components of systems such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services to determine feasibility, time required, and compatibility with current systems.
- Recommend solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range projects related to Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms.
- Assist the security team with establishing user profiles, user environments, directories, and security, as required, for the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex problems.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed on PHFA systems both inside and outside the PHFA network perimeter.
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a resource as required.
- Oversee the installation of new systems or upgrades by both internal and external resources.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff as requested.
Education/Experience: Experience and skills required for this position is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of related experience, but previous experience may be substituted for a formal education.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud-based platforms such as VMware vSphere, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. Specific experience around implementation of Microsoft 365 technologies such as Exchange, Office, SharePoint, and Teams is highly desired.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert or other relevant Microsoft 365 certifications are highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to design and coordinate the implementation of complex solutions in both on-premises and cloud-based systems.
- Ability to develop relationships with vendors providing solutions to the Agency.
- Ability to coordinate vendors to resolve operations issues.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer and infrastructure related hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
- Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
- Ability to determine problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions. Ability to develop solutions for operational problems.
- Ability to learn and support new technologies.
- Working with users requires interpersonal skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.