The AWAACC needs an experienced Marketing Manager to develop the strategy for show marketing, brand campaigns, current and future strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops marketing plans, advertising/promotional campaigns for all AWAACC presentations. Creative sales professional experienced in show marketing
- Coordinates advertising buys with media outlets and works with designers to create marketing collateral. Collaborates with all departments to promote and develop results-oriented marketing plans
- Strategizes marketing for every AWAACC presentation; ticketed shows, visual arts, and free educational/community programs, as well as fundraising cultivation events. Develops plans for maximum exposure for all programing initiatives
- Manages website development, updates, and content management
- Oversees and assists with social media on all platforms, keeping AWAACC on cusp of online opportunities
- Manages festival marketing campaigns and social media
- Keeps AWAACC on the cusp of new marketing technologies, while retaining effective marketing techniques for variety of audiences
- Develops promotional events to maximize sales for AWAACC events
- Develop marketing partnerships within the community-at-large
- Represents the AWAACC at community and professional events. Must have experience managing budgets and tracking expenditures, accruals, reporting, forecasting.
- Passionate about arts and culture
- Strong public speaking skills
- Able to work cooperatively and independently to achieve organizational goals
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Available to work nights, some holidays and weekends per the AWAACC season
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates a history of successful project management
Education / Experience:
- BA degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of show marketing or performing arts sales, marketing strategy; excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, are essential; excellent computer skills necessary
- Proven track record in developing results oriented social media campaigns, has a positive online personal presence to best represent the organization.
- Able to multitask and be flexible. Embraces DEAI as a core value
August Wilson African American Cultural Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran statues or sexual orientation
Your application has been successfully submitted.