Assistant, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
Under the direction of the Manager-Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) the Assistant, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is responsible for data entry for employment changes (including but not limited to processing all new hires, promotions, transfers and separations), and conducting system hygiene in all HRIS systems. The Assistant, HRIS assists with operational staffing activities, including but not limited to, sending district-wide communications, as well as scheduling and conducting interview assessments.
Candidates must be enthusiastic about the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district. Candidates must be comfortable working on a team committed to better meeting the needs of our student population by increasing the racial diversity and cultural competency of our workforce. We are a hard working team focused on results and expect the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the organization. In addition, we are seeking candidates with:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years experience in data entry/management preferred.
- Experience managing, reviewing, and entering data into Human Resources Management Systems or other databases as required. (Applicant Tracking Enterprise, Munis, PeopleSoft, and Frontline preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data; ability to design and run queries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and HRIS software.
- Strong research skills including the ability to research job posting sites for locating diverse talent.
- Demonstrated project management skills, attention to detail, organized and able to meet frequent and changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of school systems, collective bargaining agreements, human resource practices, federal and state employment laws and knowledge around Pennsylvania Department of Education certification requirements.
- Ability to maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders including school-based and central office staff and applicants.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to innovate, research and think creatively.
- A capacity to solve problems, to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours as needed, including evenings.
- Value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- *Residency Requirements: No Residency Requirement
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with operational staffing including but not limited to processing data, managing accounts, running reports, maintaining system hygiene, and answering customer service inquiries.
- Conduct data entry, maintain system hygiene, and maintain operational efficiency in all Human Resource databases and systems.
- Enter all new hires, promotions, transfers, and separations into the Human Resources Information systems.
- Ensure all pre-employment documents and demographic information are accurately reviewed, tracked appropriately, entered into the Human Resources Management System, and filed for each new hire.
- Review, track and process Act 168 forms for each new hire.
- Generate ID badges for new hires and current employees during scheduled office hours.
- Assist in coordinating, conducting, scoring, and recording interview assessments of candidates for various job posting and communicate results to HR Staffing Representatives in a timely manner.
- Address Frontline Absence Management and HRIS data inquiries in a responsive, customer-focused manner in order to provide satisfying first tier response.
- Collaborate with various departments and teams to address data entry concerns and/or errors.
- Organize and maintain the personnel file room and hard copy filing system.
- Conduct file management and routine maintenance of digital and hard copy personnel information and folders including, but not limited to, auditing, labeling, and filing of personnel folders, processing and filing incoming paperwork, updating digital and hard copy records, refiling transfers, promotions, separations, and purging old files.
- Assist the Recruitment Assistant in verifying certifications and educational requirements of applicants for each job posting during high volume times.
- Assist in running reports, entering data, and monitoring information that supports recruitment and staffing decisions.
- Manage and organize the communications sent and received from shared HR email accounts.
- Perform operational tasks as it relates to internal staffing seasons.
- Document various processes within the department and recommend improvements. .
- Assist the Manager, HRIS and HRIS Data Specialist with regular audits to ensure data integrity, and with various projects during periods of high volume.
- Serve as a backup to complete employment verification and change of address requests in the absence of the Project Manager, Human Resources
- Communicate effectively and confidently at all levels, over the phone, face-to-face and by email.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor in support of the Department of Human Resources goals and objectives and the District's mission and Superintendent's Priority Goals.
# of Jobs: 1
Reports To: Manager, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
Your application has been successfully submitted.