Medical Case Manager
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Medical Case Manager will provide medical case management for clients enrolled in Hello Neighbor’s Services for Afghan Survivors Impacted by Combat (SASIC) program providing comprehensive medical case management to local Afghan families.
The Medical Case Manager will work within a dual-agency case management team to support eligible families for at least 1 year and up to 3 years. This will include providing physical healthcare coordination, medical appointment accompaniment, extended cultural orientation, and advocacy in accessing culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
The Medical Case Manager will work alongside a comprehensive case management team to provide assessments and intakes, and create comprehensive service plans to assist families to in addressing acute and chronic health conditions. provide physical healthcare support to clients of all ages. This role will work closely with the Medical Case Manager to assess families for medical needs and develop comprehensive service plans that aim to address social determinants of health through accessing culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, and a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
Report To: Refugee Health and Stabilization Supervisor
At Hello Neighbor, we believe a happy, healthy, well-balanced person makes an even better team member and employee. We offer comprehensive benefits that not only help you build your career but support a full and healthy lifestyle.
Hello Neighbor is proud to offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, and Vision) for you, your spouse or domestic partner and dependents
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching program
- Hybrid work environment
- Mac or PC computer plus second phone for direct services staff
- 15 days of PTO per year, in addition to holiday office closures
- 3 paid floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- 3 paid sick or personal days
- 1 paid day annually for community service
- Unlimited paid time off for civic engagement
- Annual office closure the last week of December
- Conduct intakes, and assessments, and build comprehensive healthcare services plans for Afghan Survivors Impacted by Combat
- Provide direct case management services and facilitate indirect case management services in compliance with the overall program goals and individual service plans.
- Facilitate care coordination teams to assist Afghan survivors of combat and their families to navigate physical healthcare systems
- Initiate referrals to relevant community-based services as needs are identified
- Advocate for appropriate use of interpretation services throughout the continuum of care and internal or external services including while accessing medical systems
- Work within a network of professionals aiming to improve the quality of care for Afghans
- Assist with crisis situations as they arise (in collaboration with your team)
- Complete and maintain case documentation in an efficient and accurate manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field
- Strong preference is given to candidates with experience working in Afghanistan
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto strongly preferred
- Experience working within healthcare is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee & immigrant communities & utilize interpretation appropriately
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Digital literacy and the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of healthcare systems or any medical field experience is a significant plus
- Ability and willingness to be on call for entire weekends on a rotating schedule with your team
- Required: 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience
- Required: Car, valid driver’s license, & proof of insurance
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated, and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages is a plus
- This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are on a hybrid return-to-work remote 2 days a week and in the office 3 days a week
- We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through June 15, 2023
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis
- Estimated start date: ASAP
- Salary range: Exempt status; $40,000 - 43,000
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women, people of color and those with lived migration experience more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!