412 Youth Zone Coach
Help Us Change Lives: Auberle Seeks 412 Youth Zone Coach for Transition Age Youth
Auberle is a growing, nationally recognized, award winning human service organization that serves 4,000 individuals and families each year. Auberle staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding the most innovative ways to solve our community's most difficult problems. Auberle is committed to working to build and sustain an equitable and inclusive work environment, and world, where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all! Our staff have voted us as a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 10 years in a row. Auberle operates over 20 programs in 16 Western PA counties with 200 staff and a $16M+ budget.
Youth aging out is a critical population in our society that has suffered from extremely poor outcomes. Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS) decided to make a significant change in its services for youth aging out of the system, ages 16-24. Auberle was selected to administer all aspects of service delivery to this population, all through a One Stop Center based in Wood Street Commons in downtown Pittsburgh. We envision that this new, innovative approach will become the national standard.
We are currently seeking a Youth Zone Coach to build strong, consistent relationships with youth, understand their needs, goals and aspirations. You will navigate all services with the youth so that outcomes are achieved and use the partners and services provided at the center for engagement and youth success. Youth Coaches serve as mobile outreach to provide supports and opportunities for youth who are not currently living in Allegheny County but plan to return and those youth who are not able to travel to the center. Youth Coaches promote and support the center and its services and activities to all eligible transitioning youth in the County.
The 412 Youth Zone offers comprehensive, welcoming and youth-oriented services and space for transition age youth with current or past connections to child welfare. The 412 Youth Zone helps youth to feel welcomed, safe and supported while offering the services and connections to help them face the challenges of adulthood.
This position needs:
- High School Diploma and 2 years of experience working with youth, Associate's degree and 1 year of experience working with youth, or Bachelor's degree and a preferred one year of experience working with youth. Different combinations of education and experience will be evaluated
- ***Special consideration will be given to individuals that have previous DHS system involvement as a client***
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle are a must
- ACT 33/34 and FBI Clearances prior to hire, Full COVID-19 vaccination required within 30 days of hire
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days (increases with tenure)
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 11 Paid Holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision & optional Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Insurances
- 403 B with an employer match
- Educational Assistance
- Ability to apply for public service loan forgiveness
If you are highly motivated, passionate about youth and interested in making a difference be sure to apply!
*Random drug testing may be conducted to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace
**This is mean to be and overview, and not a full position description**
Where Lives Change